January 2, 2011

The Day After New Years and Why Mom is Always Right!

The weaning process began a week ago based on our Vet's recommendation and Zoie's. I had just finished reading my trusty puppy guide book which offered, "Don't be alarmed if your Dam regurgitates her food and offers it to her puppies."

Hmm - yuck I thought but then again I saw some pretty incredible happenings beginning with the puppies birth. Mommy Zoie took care of everything textbook style, even up until a week ago - the puppies elimination needs. In the true meaning of dog breath, well, Zoie did not get any kisses until after her teeth were brushed and face cleaned.

I walked out to the puppy den which is where my husband hangs out now, to tell him, about the regurgitation but he was busy. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Zoie puked in the puppy pen."

"Regurgitated you mean."

"I don't know about that - it was puke - this is the second time. Should we be concerned?"

"No, we just need to feed the puppies more often." Then explained about in animal life, the mother always knows best. Wait --- it's true in human life too --- I have only had two rules for my children and my husband -
Rule #1: Mom is always Right
Rule #2: When in doubt, please refer to Rule #1.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment