March 3, 2011

March Issue of All Things Girl


An American Portrait: Chief John Grass by Bev Hamel


It is January and I am taking a break from my MFA residency at Goddard College in Vermont. I just finished trekking through snow into the town of Plainfield to visit my favorite haunt – an obscure little bookstore that bursts with endless shelves of books no longer in print.  The proprietor recognizes me as I have purchased many books from him during my almost two years at Goddard. He leads me through winding rooms into what was once a kitchen area, climbs a ladder and then brings down a heavy box. He tells me, “We just got these books in from an estate. I haven’t had a chance to catalogue them yet, but you are welcome to take a look.”
read more at All Things Girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment